Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Travis Brisket

Hi,

I am thinking of doing a brisket Travis style and I have a few questions. I am doing a brisket point - my local butcher carries them. If we are eating them in sandwiches, how much should I get per person considering weight lost during the cook. We are feeding six people - how many pounds should I pick up? Would 3 lbs suffice?

I will only be doing a point, so I won't need as much liquid as Travis' recipe since his is for a packer. What would you recommend eye-balling in? Maybe have the meat half submerged in the liquid - does that sound right? Or should it be more or less than that?

I live in Canada so I can't get Allegro hot and spicy. What can I substitute? Has anybody used something different - either mix of ingredients or a store bought sauce/marinade? 

Comments