Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My table is finally home and egged! (lots of pics)

1235»

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,590
    @Cazzy   How's it holding up to the weather?  Do you cover or keep under a roof?
    It doubes as a dresser in his master bedroom when not in use so it is in great shape 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 5,474
    Chubbs said:

@Cazzy   How's it holding up to the weather?  Do you cover or keep under a roof?
    It doubes as a dresser in his master bedroom when not in use so it is in great shape 

=))

• Heat transfer's from high temp cooks... Not sure that that is as big a problem as some people think. I know I've seen some that have caught their table on fire and I should change my setup soon. When the delivery company that delivered and setup my Big Green Egg just put 4 pieces of 3/4" pine blocks under the Eggs. I didn't know your were supposed to have a fire brick underneath the Egg and cooked on. I've the thing up to the MAX heat more than once and have used it 3 or 4 times a week since I got it right after this last Christmas. maybe I've just been lucky but no problem here.
    Cazzy, any word on price for the chute? Hate to ask you to do this, but can you take a picture of how it is attached or is there a tab that goes under the egg and the weight holds it up? Think you said something about a bolt?
  • HogHeaven said:
    Heat transfer's from high temp cooks... Not sure that that is as big a problem as some people think. I know I've seen some that have caught their table on fire and I should change my setup soon. When the delivery company that delivered and setup my Big Green Egg just put 4 pieces of 3/4" pine blocks under the Eggs. I didn't know your were supposed to have a fire brick underneath the Egg and cooked on. I've the thing up to the MAX heat more than once and have used it 3 or 4 times a week since I got it right after this last Christmas. maybe I've just been lucky but no problem here.
    I used 4 pieces of fire brick under mine - meaning 4 squares that made up the size of one regular one.  Mistake!!  The heat went between the cracks of the 4 pieces and burned my table in the shape of a cross.  So if that is what you are doing you might want to check underneath.  I didn't think there was a problem until I took the egg out to stain the table.  My table wasn't catching fire but it was burning up!
    Chubbs said:

Cazzy, any word on price for the chute? Hate to ask you to do this, but can you take a picture of how it is attached or is there a tab that goes under the egg and the weight holds it up? Think you said something about a bolt?

Sorry chubs...I've been pretty busy bro.

I will try to get some pics for ya soon and I'll text Charles today about pricing. I have enough orders now so I'll get on top of that.

edited February 2013
    HogHeaven said:

Heat transfer's from high temp cooks... Not sure that that is as big a problem as some people think. I know I've seen some that have caught their table on fire and I should change my setup soon. When the delivery company that delivered and setup my Big Green Egg just put 4 pieces of 3/4" pine blocks under the Eggs. I didn't know your were supposed to have a fire brick underneath the Egg and cooked on. I've the thing up to the MAX heat more than once and have used it 3 or 4 times a week since I got it right after this last Christmas. maybe I've just been lucky but no problem here.

I've been over a 1000 degrees and the wood underneath is still the same color. The space below offers airflow and the iron itself displaces the heat too from what the blacksmith explained.

cazzy said:
    Sorry chubs...I've been pretty busy bro. I will try to get some pics for ya soon and I'll text Charles today about pricing. I have enough orders now so I'll get on top of that.
    Understood, sir. Much appreciated.
  • Talk about nice, If it would not smoke up my ceiling soooo bad I'd put it in my Den. great job

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • RPreyraRPreyra Posts: 7
    Wow that is one of the nicest nests I have ever seen. Congrats!
  • gator_eggergator_egger Posts: 17
    I've just spent the last 20 minutes drooling over your table.

Now, how do I convince my wife that I need a 2nd egg???
  • CoolBeesCoolBees Posts: 29
    Great looking set-up.  Now my wife is all over me about replacing the GBE nest with something more attractive! 
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 1,255
    edited May 2013
    That is awesome. I would love to have the legs/stand on my Large. Great design all around. Also, what kind of rib rack is that?
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/
    4Runner said:

That is awesome. I would love to have the legs/stand on my Large. Great design all around. Also, what kind of rib rack is that?

I honestly have no idea what brand it is...bought it too long ago. It wasn't the BGE brand. I will see if there is engraving on the stainless steel somewhere.