Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cigar Advice

Looking for a great cigar(s) recommendation. I'm making a trip to DC in 2 weeks from Toronto, and the two previous times I've been there I love to go shopping at JR Cigars. I do love my Cuban's, but find for the price they're not the best bang for the buck. Have a few different Dominican and Honduras ones in the humidor as well. But I'm always looking for some new ones to add to the box. What do'ya got?
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    Tatuaje coronu if they have them. Anything AVO. I think Cubans are like chicks at a strip club. You only want them cause you no you can't. Anejo if they have them.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I just bought a box of The Griffin's robustos.  They've always been a favorite of mine (along with the SD4's that we can't get around here).
    ·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    Anything from Fuente is a great choice. Carlos Torano is another great cigar maker. Oliva, Dunhills, Davidoffs, CAO, Camacho. These are just some of the cigars I own.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • I enjoy the CAO concerto however hard to beat the Hoya de Monterray Excalibur 1066, for the price.
    ·
  • I am not an expert but I like almost everything Gurkha makes. I also like many of what Rocky Patel makes.
    Boom
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,296
    edited February 2013
    Stick with Cohiba Tubana. Rolled on the fries of virgins. . .

(Had to leave what Siri thought I said there lol...)
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • I smoked an Olivia Series V Melanio this past weekend. I am ordering a box of these very soon!  One of the best smokes I've had in a while.
    ·
  • otterotter Posts: 212
    Under crown, joya de Nicaragua - Antano
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
    ·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    I agree with CGWI on his selections. But I would also add Ashton and one I'm trying now - Victor Sinclair. 
    Second vote on Torano and Olivia.  I got to meet Mr Torano and his son at a show once too. 
    ·
  • Keep in mind that cigars are like wine and what one person likes, you could snub.  That said, I always keep a box of Rocky Patel Sungrown and Fuente Hemingway in my humidor.  When I can get them, I love a Monte Cristo #4 and on that realm although more expensive, I'd try Fuente Opus X, God of Fire or a Dimaond Crown Julius Caeser.

Mark

·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    Padron 1964 Anniversary Torpedo
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    Oliva's are good
    Anything form Rocky Patel - I like the Connecticut's
    Padron's are good as well.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • RaymontRaymont Posts: 317
    La Gloria de Cubana Series R #6 in Maduro. - It's dominican. Very Strong flavored but smooth. Excellent stick. I buy mine through JRCigars.

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

·
  • The Edge by Rocky Patel - Maduro. Great flavor that doesn't linger in your mounth all night or the next morning.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,589
    edited February 2013
    I am very much a noob but I tried this one and really enjoyed it:

If you can find it...since they got this award I think they are out of stock many places.  They were out at my local shop.  I scored one at a cigar bar in Atlanta (but I paid a premium for it!). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    edited February 2013
    There is a Rocky Patel Decade waiting in my hotel room....looking forward to that one.

Since I can't be with my Egg right now.....might as well blame you guys for my new cigar habit!

Just about to light up an Olivia special G.....3.75x48. Hoping its a nice smoke for when I don't have a lot of time for a robusto. I tried a Drew Natural Juicy Lucy.....didn't care for that at all.

Oh yeah....picked up two torch lighters recently too. A Colibri Maui, and a Xikar Vitara.
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 615
    Thanks for all the recommendations!! I've always enjoyed Avo's and anything Fuente. I'll have a look into some of the other brands mentioned. As I've said, I've smoked a great number of Cuban's, and while good, I really don't think they're worth the price. That being said, I have 3 Cohiba Siglio IVs just begging to be smoker. But not yet.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
    @Greeno55 have you tried any of the BEHIKE's yet???  I'm considering a box, just haven't figured out how to get them to me yet??  I have many Cohiba's Montecristos, H Uppmans etc aging...I'd like to add a box of BEHIKE to my stash
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 615
    CGW1 said:
    @Greeno55 have you tried any of the BEHIKE's yet???  I'm considering a box, just haven't figured out how to get them to me yet??  I have many Cohiba's Montecristos, H Uppmans etc aging...I'd like to add a box of BEHIKE to my stash

No I haven't. I may have to give one a try. I just read a bit about them. Looks like they range about $45-66 each.
    On another note, how easy is it to get your hands on Cuban's in The US?
    ·
  • Being form Toronto, I assume you've had some of Thomas Hinds house brands (Nicaraguaian I think). Though to beat IMHO"
    ·
    Not very.....I'll leave it at that.
    ·
  • makismakis Posts: 81

I am smoking lots of Oliva V's and i love them.

If you are looking for a great cigar, medium in strength BUT with lots of flavor I would go for the new Quenca y Blanco from Joya de Nicaragua.

Fantastic smoke!!

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,936
    NUBs
    Casa Magnas
    Alec Bradly Vice Box press
    ·
  • BakerManBakerMan Posts: 154
    Cool thread...I also enjoy the Olivia Series V cigars that several others have mentioned.  My go to cigar is San Lotano Oval (AJ Fernandez) but a friend just bought me some Alec Bradley Prensado cigars I have been enjoying recently.  I like getting sampler packs to try different brands. I buy most of my cigars from cigarbid.com
    BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    I forgot - AVO XO's are very good as well.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Some of my favorite cigars in order of preference.

Rocky Patel Edge
    Ashton Cabinet
    Paul Garmarian
    AVO
    Fuente - Short Story - Hemmingway - Opus X
    Romeo Y Julietta
    Punch
    Excaliber
    Acid by Drew Estates

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • Don_PieroDon_Piero Posts: 72

If you can find it...since they got this award I think they are out of stock many places.  They were out at my local shop.  I scored one at a cigar bar in Atlanta (but I paid a premium for it!).

Just ordered the Robusto from Mike"s. My curiosity and the low price, suggested I should try this one.

http://www.mikescigars.com/brands/flor-de-las-antillas

Piero from South Etobicoke in Toronto, XL-BGE
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,589
    Don_Piero said:

Just ordered the Robusto from Mike"s. My curiosity and the low price, suggested I should try this one.

http://www.mikescigars.com/brands/flor-de-las-antillas

Cool- that is a good price.  They got some back in stock in my local shop and the Toro is about $9.  Just had one on Sat and I really enjoyed it.  Shared one with a buddy and he was also very impressed. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • eggishlyeggishly Posts: 3
    Kinda boring, but any handrolled Montecristo.  My fav is the Monty #2... a real reference point 'gar.
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    My father, Garcia & Garcia.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·