Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Meatloaf. Pray now.

Plan on cooking at 400° dome till the IT is 160°. Beforeimageimage
Clanton, Al LBGE
image.jpg 518.6K
image.jpg 952.4K
·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 615
    Looks good so far. I love meatloaf the food and band  :))

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • Well it fell apart. But taste is amazing. imageimageimage
    image.jpg 3.1M
    image.jpg 2.1M
    image.jpg 2.1M
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Oh , i'm hungry again and i just finished stuffing myself !!  And then potatoes look pretty darn good too!!!  Thanks for posting.  I made a big meatloaf one time and oversmoked it -- the smoke taste was just too strong, i'll make no more meatloaf using smoke!!
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,442
    Looks solid. Hope you have some dukes mayo, lettuce, tomato, and plain old white bread for your sandwich tomorrow.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Well I'm holding down on my carbs so I'll just gorge again on the remaining portion. I promised I'd bring my coworkers a sample as well. But I'm saving the end piece for me. I gave the other end piece to my oldest daughter. A fathers love is amazing. Huh. Charlie, that is mashed cauliflower. Very tasty. Also, I had a couple of apple wood chunks in there. And a couple of very small handfuls of pecan. Had juuuuust enough smoke to tell it was smoked.

Also, SWMBO didn't eat the edges because it was still "red" and wasn't done. Smoke ring maybe??
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Anything special on that cauliflower dish ?
    ·
  • I just put in butter, garlic, salt, pepper & milk. I nuked them till they were soft. Then put them in the chopper and them mixed it all up to taste. I think a food processor would make them more fluffy. They were a bit grainy. But very tasty. I'll take that over taters anyday. Stole the idea from @hapster

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1148388/smoked-meatloaf-catch-up-post-with-pics/p1
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • @Central_Bama_Egger never heard of the outside of a piece of meat being raw while the inside is cooked in a smoker/grilling setup but I could be proved wrong.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Me either. But that smoke ring was damn tasty!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,399
    Did you use a binder?
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,442

Did you use a binder?

I have been on a 3 day binder. Thanks for asking.

B-)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I love me some meatloaf. Looks good man.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Chubbs said:

Did you use a binder?

I have been on a 3 day binder. Thanks for asking.

B-)
    Aaaaahahaha!!!

Oatmeal. 2 eggs
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Thanks @shotgunal3
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Been wanting to do a loaf think this just moved it up. What was your temp and time?
    ·
  • 400 indirect till it was 160. I think next time I'm gonna move it down to 350. Took about 45-50 min
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Looks awesome.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm eating breakfast right now, but thinking about a meatloaf dinner already.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • Man it's sure good. One of the best flavors I've ever had.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,845
    Looks amazing- nice job!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,269
     Smoke ring maybe??
    Yup.  Mine get them too.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,518
    Making meatloaf burgers tonight.  Put them together last night and they're in the fridge waiting for me to get home.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • I do mine at 260 indirect with the meatloaf directly on the grate, drip pan underneath for about 2.5 hrs. comes out great if you have the extra time for the lower temp.
    Woodstock, GA
    ·
  • Nice work!

I did a meatloaf last Friday.. Mixed a pound of ground beef with a pound of Italian sausage, an egg, some Italian breadcrumbs, some Cosmic Cow and a little salt and pepper.. Came out great.. Very dense though.  Cooked it at 325 indirect for about 1.5 hours.
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • Definetly lower temp next time for me.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • So good for a 2nd time. Loved lunch today
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • It's a sad night in central alabama....... I just ate the last of the leftover meatloaf. It's almost like I'm having to leave a beautiful vacation spot and headed back to work.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·