Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first ribs

From the BGE cook book Asian Ribs, great success!
no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR
·

Comments

• Nice looking ribs dude! What were your times and temps. BTW love your band. :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,434
    Welcome! Look's good.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,945
    Mmmmmm... ribs. :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Nice looking ribs dude! What were your times and temps. BTW love your band. :D

=))
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Don't joke, it could be the frontman of the DMB.  I know the Barenaked Ladies guys have at least a couple of Eggs in their houses. Then again, I've met a few Michael Jordan's and none of them were a 6 foot 6 man who could dunk a basketball
    ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Dave_MatthewsDave_Matthews Posts: 200
    edited February 2013
    Nice looking ribs dude! What were your times and temps. BTW love your band. :D
    The recipe I followed specified 300 degrees for 3.5 hours.  The actual time was more like 4 hours as I fussed with stabilizing the temperature.  After the first few up/down excursions in the first hour as I adjusted things it stayed stable at 300 for the rest of the cook. 

Ha about the DMB!  I had the name about 30 years before that guy, but I do get a kick out of it!
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,410
    Nice cook.  First ribs look damn fine.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    I'm a big fan of your music.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,085
    Your ribs look great.  Much better than what your driver dumped in the Chicago River
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • Nice looking ribs dude! Well done, asian style sounds interesting..

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • Very nice !!
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,644
    Sweet!  Welcome to the madhouse.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • Thanks for all of the kind comments!  I live in Brentwood TN, just south of Nashville the Music City.  A while back I tried to make a record label work with small but satisfying results.  I found it important when on the phone to others in the music business to say no, not -that- one!

Dave Matthews
    no, not -that one!
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
    ·
  • thetrim said:
    Your ribs look great.  Much better than what your driver dumped in the Chicago River

=))
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    From the BGE cook book Asian Ribs, great success!
    Nice, I have been eyeing that recipe for sometime. You sold it.
    ·