Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs: The Recipe

The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
beefribs1.jpg
<p />This comes from Hugh Carpenter's and Teri Sandison's book "The Great Ribs Book":[p]<font face=verdana>
Chipotle-Coriander Cured Ribs[p][li] 6 pounds of beef ribs (it makes enough paste for at least 12 pounds)
[li] 1/4 Cup coriander seeds
[li] 1/4 Cup Black peppercorns
[li] 8 cloves garlic, peeled
[li] 4 shallots, peeled
[li] 1/4 Cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
[li] 1 Cup ketchup
[li] 6 Tbsp dark brown sugar
[li] 1/4 Cup molasses
[li] 1/4 Cup dark soy sauce
[li] 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
[li] 1 Tbsp finely minced orange zest[p]Toast the coriander and black pepper in a saute pan until they just start to smoke. Remove them to a spice grinder and grind to powder.[p]Mince the garlic and shallots in a food processor. Add the coriander and black pepper, process 10 seconds. Add rest of the ingredients and process into a paste.[p]Remove the membrane from the ribs. Smear with lots of paste. Let the ribs sit in the paste for up to 8 hours. Smoke at 225 degrees for 3 hours using hickory and cherry chunks for smoke.[p]Comments: It was too hot for my taste and hid the flavor of the rest of the ingredients. Next time, just a little of the hot peppers. Also, I think next time I'll try cumin instead of coriander and add more orange zest to the mix. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz

Comments