Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Wins again!!!!!

drbbq
drbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
They are smokin' this year. I just heard from Chris and they were Grand Champs at Bel Air, Maryland today. Congratulations guys.
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    HOT - You betcha!!!!! Great going guys!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    drbbq,[p]These guys are unstoppable. Congrats![p]Cornfed
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    drbbq,
    Hope they keep the momentum up for The Royal, could be a very special year for them. Any word on Free Range Team?[p]Mike

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    drbbq,
    That's awesome!
    Only wish I was a little higher up on the 'to call' list! LOL
    Qfan

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    BBQfan1,[p]I think the order is:[p]Me
    Jose Cuervo
    You[p]So it seems they are spending excessive time with JC.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq,
    Way togo Dizzy pig I just placed an order with Mike ( Qfan ) in Canada for a 12pack of Dizzy Pig Product keep on grilling.
    Pig Pen

• Woo Hoo!!! Way to go Chris and team!![p]Watching Jimi sing "Let me stand next to your fire." at Woodstock in your honor![p]Rock-n-roll, my brother!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    drbbq,
    perhaps they should be introduced to DE?
    don Eduardo can take them places Jose Cuervo has only read about in in-flight magazines[p]these guys seem to have simply decided that they were going to start kicking a**. and so they HAVE.
    pretty impressive.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Ray...Thanks for the awesome news. Congrats to the DP Posse!! Awesome job![p]-Kevin
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • drbbq,
    This is just stunning, as in, "I'm stunned!" These guys are gonna be putting out a cookbook soon, just like you, LOL![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • drbbq,
    does this mean the price of rub is going up?

• drbbq,
    Thanks for the update Dr. and congrats to a great team !!
    way to go.. keep'em spinning --- Daddy Pat

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    drbbq,
    As well they should....they are a class act, who can cook, too!....couldn't be more proud for them[p]Congratulations guys!....we knew you when...[p]Mike

• drbbq,[p]Congrats the DP team for the 4th grand champion in a row (think it is, right?),anyway, no goofin' around anymore - we need to call'em SIRS from now on[p]Sepp
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 243
    Congratulations!!!! :woohoo:
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    drbbq,[p]What's their GC percentage this year? Also, does anyone know the most times a team has been GC out of a certain number of comps? It seems like they've won almost every one they've been in this season.[p]Very impressive!
    Cornfed

• drbbq,
    How do we buy stock in the Dizzy Pic Co?
    Better ramp up the egg production too!
    Congratulations!

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    drbbq,[p]
    First of all HUGE GRATZ guys!![p]I was toodling around yesterday late and was thinking about those guys. I figured they were gonna win again because of their talent.[p]I also compiled some quick stats for another project I am working on.[p]Here they are for the Dizzy pig team since their first contest...[p]30 top 10 category finishes
    13 top 5 category finishes
    5 first place category finishes[p]7 top 10 overall finishes
    4 top 5 finishes
    3 first place overall finishes[p]And actually the last one is not included so it would be 5 top 5 finishes and 4 first place overalls now. Of course the category totals will change also when the category results are posted.

• Humpty
    Humpty Posts: 27
    drbbq,
    With all this talent just busting out the next thing you know we will be seeing these guys on TV. Way to go Dizzy, keep raising the bar!
    Larry

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Congrats yet again, DP Team. Couldn't happen to a better ground of guys.[p]Big Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Thanks Ray. Just rolled back into the home ranch, and MAN it is god to be home. 100 degrees in the shade both Friday and today, and I am only able to stand on adrenyine. An amazing weekend. [p]I just read through the comments, and I gotta say....I am glad to know yall. Awfully nice words to read after a brutally tiring weekend. I have enough steam left to type out the results, as some good friends of mine won some nice awards! [p]Chicken
    1) Sweetgum Hollow (Andy/Nighthelp and his son Noah
    2) Smoken Dudes
    3) Pork From York
    4) Dizzy Pig
    5) The Backyard Burners
    6) Jack McDavids
    7) Cool Smoke (Tuffy...we got some time to hang with them finally
    8) Andy Nelson's BBQ
    9) Team Agave (Yankee BBQ and Dave who cooks with IQ
    10) Porkitects (Barry and gang[p]Ribs
    1) Jack McDavids
    2) Dizzy Pig
    3) JT and BBQ B
    4) Free Range BBQ (The Virginian, Mad Max and daughters
    5) BBQ101 and the Rib Rustler
    6) Freestate Smokers
    7) Lost Nation Smoke Co (Rich Decker who barely limped into town with a broken axle
    8) BBQ Fanatics
    9) Sweetgum Hollow
    10) Team Agave[p]Pork
    1) Dizzy Pig
    2) BBQ 101 & Rib Rustlers
    3) Woodchicks BBQ
    4) Jack McDavids
    5) Fat Tommy's BBQ
    6) Chix, Swine & Bovine
    7) Patapsco Valley Smokers
    8) Lost Nation Smoke Co (Axle boy
    9) Main Street Smoke Company
    10) Byrd's BBQ[p]Brisket
    1) Cool Smoke
    2) Dizzy Pig
    3) Pork & Deans
    4) PHU Qers
    5) Hess Meats
    6) Freestate Smokers
    7) S&S Grilling
    8) Pequea Pullers
    9) Pigs on the Run (John!!
    10) Main Street BBQ[p]Overall
    1) Dizzy Pig (we are floating now
    2) Jack McDavid's Down Home
    3) Cool Smoke
    4) BBQ101 & the Rib Rustlers (who I found out was two childhood friend/nieghbors!
    5) Lost Nation Smoke Company
    6) Team Agave
    7) JT abd BBQ B
    8) Sweetgum Hollow
    9) Free Range BBQ
    10) Pigs on the Run[p]Congrats to Jack, Tuffy, Jim and Rodger, Rich, Steve and Dave, Andy and Noah, Brett and Max and Allison and Sydney, John and Barry for snagging a top ten overall finish in brutal heat, and to all that made it through the weekend! [p]My head is gonna hit the pillow hard tonight. Thanks again yall!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Dr_Redwine
    Dr_Redwine Posts: 189
    Nature Boy,
    You boyz is kickin' A and taking names!! Awesome.
    DrR

• Nature Boy,
    Hey guys, way to go, and hats off to ya for enduring the elements. It was great to meet you guys this weekend and hopefully I'll see u soon.

• drbbq,[p]No kidding! They are on fire! Go DP!

• JDOTR
    JDOTR Posts: 85
    Nature Boy,
    Way to go Chris... The Dizzy Doodz are on a ROLL!
    CHEERS!!!
    Chet[p]

• drbbq,[p]Simply awesome![p]Keep it up Nature Boy 'n Company![p]bc

• Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    drbbq, [p]These guys are on a roll. I am glad to be a DP rub customer and their recipes are great. Congrats on another championship.[p]Ray Price ( from South Ms.) hoping to get to one of your events someday..Hope to see you at Eggtoberefest.

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    worthy.gif
    <p />drbbq,
    gee, it's about time you guys finish 1st in something!!!
    hahaha! Heeee!
    Come on guys I am running out of fingers and toes keeping count of your victories:)
    Congrats and hope you guys continue to have fun!
    ST

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Nature Boy,
    I just got back from a meeting in Atlanta and I can't believe what you guys did.I am really happy for you,John and Kenny.
    Larry

• drbbq,
    the only thing hotter than cooking on asphalt in 100 degree heat, was the hot . .h-o-t.. .HOT performance of the dizzy boys. ... .they just flat cleaned up!!! . . . it was just awsome, by an awsome bunch of boys. .. .[p]here they are getting the grand champ's hardware. .. [p]DSCN1281.jpg[p]and here is one from friday night .. . that's yankeebbq and bbqbob trying to get some of those good dizzy vibes to rub off on them from woodoggies and nature boy. .. .didn't work for any of us :)[p]DSCN1272.jpg[p]warmest congrats to the boys. ... these were the toughest conditions you can imagine out there. . .even at night the heat was oppresive... . [p]special thanks to nature boy and yankee bbq for letting folks catch a breather in their air-conditioned trailers. .. that was truly a life-saver (it was so bad on saturday right during turn-ins, that brett and i would send our girls to the trailers for 10 minutes between each turn-in to get them cooled down. ... even brett and i had to make a couple of trips into the cool air before we succumbed to the heat. . .. [p]but it was a great competition, and it is always fun to be around such a great group of folks...