Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide Salmon and Scallops

Options
double
double Posts: 1,214
Tonight's dinner a piece of Sockeye Salmon, sous vide with dill, fennel and some lemon olive oil.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

A few large scallops tossed in a lemon pepper and some Himalayan pink salt.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Finished product pictures to follow.
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• double
    Options
    Dang it somehow I didn't save the finished picture ... The scallops were fantastic 30 min in the Sous Vide Sidekic at 125 degrees then a quick sear. Did the salmon for the same amount of time.

Not a single left over so that's always a good sign. And discovered the. 2 1/2 yr old loves scallops....
    Lynnwood WA
  • rustypotts
    Options
    Looks good double.   So what was the texture of the salmon?  Was it cooked or raw?  I might try this tonight.  I just found a piece of Alaskan Salmon in the freezer. 
  • double
    Options
    It was cooked stayed nice and moist. Just seared it skin side down for a minute or so.
    Lynnwood WA
  • cbr0011
    cbr0011 Posts: 93
    Options
    What sous vide?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I have to do some more seafood. My halibut last week tasted great but was in too long

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    nice double! great job. SV is so good on the delicate cuts like seafood and yardbird. don't love it on beef but it has it's moments there too. beautiful looking ingredients tonight.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited May 2013
    Options
    cbr0011 said:
    What sous vide?

Sous vide is a method of cooking when you seal food in vac sealed bags and cook in a tightly temp controlled water bath. You can cook food much more gently and precisely this way then finish it with a sear on the egg or in a pan. Great way to cook lots of different things and you can get some really cool textures by cooking lower. Chicken breast with juices that run out onto your plate when they are cut. Med rare short ribs after 5 days in the bath. It's another tool in the box
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX