Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT- Sous Vide cooking question...chicken

Last night I decided to sous vide some chicken breast for chicken salad while I was Egging some chorizo/beef burgers.  The breasts were fairly large.  I cooked them at 148 for over 90 minutes.  I then put the sealed bags in an ice water bath and refrigerated them.  This morning I opened the bag and I noticed a slight smell.  It wasnt too bad but it was there. I then sort of panicked and I sliced the breasts in 1/4 inch strips and put them in a single layer in a skillet in boiling broth for 20 minutes. 

Have any of you ever smelled anything in cooked chicken?  Would 20 minutes in the boiling broth take care of any beasties that might have been there?  I will probably just throw the stuff out.......home made tarragon mayo and all!

Comments