Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mail Order/Internet Accessories

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang -
Am happy with dealer I just got my 1st Egg from, but would like to come up with an EZ mail order/internet source for ordering accessories & stuff I imagine I will need from time to time. Can stuff be ordered direct from Egg headquarters in GA? Not really clear from B.G.E. website if this is an option or not. If not, any recommendations for good mailorder/internet source? Also - any recommendations for mailorder source for smoking wood types I can't come up with on my own here in PA? 1st Egg (large) is sitting on deck waiting for dealer backordered dual function metal top/daisywheel B4 1st cook; killing time doing Egg research & homework in the meanwhile...

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    E.B.,[p]Yes, BGE in Atlanta does mail order (by phone not online).[p]Another good source for toys is www.barbecuen.com. [p]As for smoking woods, one source I like is www.outdoorhome.com; they have a nice selection & offer small quantities, so you can try new woods at little expense.[p]No need to wait for that dual function top to break in your new Egg. It's not needed at all for high-temp grilling. And for low-and-slow cooks, the temp can be controlled quite handily through the lower vent alone. Just start a small fire, & narrow the vent when the dome temp is 50-100 degrees below your target. I rarely use the top unless I want to keep the dome temp below 250.[p]Welcome to the BGE family, & holler if we can help.[p]Cathy

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    E.B.,
    Another good wood and lump source is www.peopleswood.com
    JimW