Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT Homemade Mustard Recipe?

yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
edited February 2013 in Off Topic
My mother-in-law brought me back a jar of this mustard from a trip up north and I love it. Got me thinking I should start making my own. Any of you have any recipes that you've found you really like?

Found Emri's grainy mustard recipe which looks descent, but I'm also looking for a creamy one too.

Thanks!
Dunedin, FL
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,980

Kristi aka @Necessary_Indulg asked the same thing back in January and got a bunch of comments taht should help you out.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1291692/#Comment_1291692

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Thanks Griffin, I'm looking for just mustard as the condiment, not a mustard based bbq sauce.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,980
    Doh!! Sorry about that. Guess I read it to fast and assumed you meant sauce. My bad.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851
    Look for a Dijon style that uses wine and only mustard powder. No matter how long you process, you won't get mustard made with seeds smooth. Also, cure overnight on the counter, not the fridge. Cold inhibits the spiciness.  
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851
    Look for a Dijon style that uses wine and only mustard powder. No matter how long you process, you won't get mustard made with seeds smooth. Also, cure overnight on the counter, not the fridge. Cold inhibits the spiciness.  
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·