Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can't post pics from iPhone

Is it even possible?  When I click on "attach file" on my phone, it does nothing.  
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,457
    Need an app but not sure which is best. I need this too. Such a pain for me to post pics. My iPhone lens is damaged. So, I have to use wife's phone. Since I have same problem as you have to pull out camera then upload to laptop then post. Posting from phone would be great.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Chubbs said:

Need an app but not sure which is best. I need this too. Such a pain for me to post pics. My iPhone lens is damaged. So, I have to use wife's phone. Since I have same problem as you have to pull out camera then upload to laptop then post. Posting from phone would be great.

This is exactly what I have to do, and by the time I can sit down at the computer, I've had too much to eat and too much to drink.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    This is exactly what I have to do, and by the time I can sit down at the computer, I've had too much to eat and too much to drink.
    Same with me. I cooked an unreal stuffed loin last night but my buzz took over!!

·
  • I'm able to do it straight from the website. You hit attach file. Then choose file. Which appears right under attach file. Then you have a choice to load existing or take a new pic. I have a 4s. So I dunno if it makes a difference as to the model.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,799
    Can you upload these today?  I am having problems uploading pics today.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • robnybbq said:

Can you upload these today?  I am having problems uploading pics today.

I had a problem trying from my laptop this morning. Never could get them to load.

·
    I'm able to do it straight from the website. You hit attach file. Then choose file. Which appears right under attach file. Then you have a choice to load existing or take a new pic. I have a 4s. So I dunno if it makes a difference as to the model.

Same I get but it says uploading forever and then never posts the pic.
    ·
  • Yeah it's hit and miss with me as well
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Same thing here my iPhone wont upload my photos
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    I hate trying to use my phone to upload pictures I usually email the pictures and upload to photo bucket, I got spam once when I first got the photo bucket app for my phone so now I just do it with my macbook. Not the most convenient but it works for me. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • You need IOS6 and it will work just fine
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,068
    Works for me, virtually all my posts are on iPad or iPhone. Need iOS 6.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,855
    @Solson005- you should check out "Dropbox" it is a free file sharing app that you could put on your phone & your MacBook. You can upload from either device and view on the other. A heck of a lot faster and easier than the whole email gig.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • It works just fine
    image.jpg 178.1K
    Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Mini and Large
    ·
  • It used to work but not working now. Is it Vanilla or is it Apple?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,855
    image Works from my iPad
    image.jpg 228.4K

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    @Mattman3969 I had dropbox when it first came out and probably need to look at the updated version of it now. I can email myself a pic walk to the laptop and since my email is usually running just drag it over to photo bucket or put it in aperture if I want to keep it. It has been a few years so I'm sure dropbox is much better than it was when I used it last. Thanks. 

Side note I'm sure I could post pictures from my iPhone I was just saying I prefer my macbook and have no issues doing that. 

Happy Makers Mark Day! Everybody
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • I had a feeling iOS 6 might have helped. Man I need to be quicker with my updates.
    ·
  • Test pics

image.jpg 2.1M
    ·
  • Test pics

iOS 6 did the trick.
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,718
    edited February 2013
    Yea mine works.  iOS 6.1.2 is the latest update.
    image.jpg 1.8M
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • Yeah I updated my phone and now it works. These are Kristi's crab cakes with tarragon aioli. Very good
    image.jpg 2.1M
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·