Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can't find CI grid for a mini

I made the two-hour drive to Fred's Saturday primarily to get charcoal but I also wanted a CI grid for the mini. He didn't have it and his guys said BGE didn't even list it on its distribution sheet. Where can I get one? 
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,044
    edited February 2013
    Not a CI grid, but this CI shines. Made by Lodge. It is sitting on a Mini Woo. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 839
    Thanks, Mickey. That's on my list, but I want a grid first.
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,249
    R2egg2Q has one I think the part number is in this thread

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1148259/enjoying-my-mini-ci-grid
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Seems like BGE needs to update their distribution sheets and update the accessories shown on the BGE site. Kind of sad for them to come out with a nice product & not market it. #-o
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
    I'll email the mothership. Thanks.
    ·
    Duane answered my email almost immediately to say they had them in the retail store. Just ordered one for $49, which included $11 shipping. Too bad I had to pay that. 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,398
    Once u posted it was a simple call away I knew I was in trouble. Its on the way$13 ship for me, can't pass up a toy on the mini I guess.
    His you like it so far?
    Seattle, WA
    ·
    Just got it Friday. It made a huge difference on a steak I cooked last night. Will try it with chicken later in the week, but I know I will be pleased. This goes on my "essential" list for the mini.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,493
    I picked one up right when it came out. Called a couple stores and none had it so I drove to tucker. They said they hadn't shipped them to any stores when I asked them.
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,398
    Got my grid today, very nice and solid piece. Look forward to using it and I see the use for both sides as one is raised and the other flat.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,237
    edited March 2013

Lit said:
    I picked one up right when it came out. Called a couple stores and none had it so I drove to tucker. They said they hadn't shipped them to any stores when I asked them.

We've carried this item at our west coast store since Octoberr 2012.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·