Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can't find CI grid for a mini

Options
jlsm
jlsm Posts: 1,011
I made the two-hour drive to Fred's Saturday primarily to get charcoal but I also wanted a CI grid for the mini. He didn't have it and his guys said BGE didn't even list it on its distribution sheet. Where can I get one? 
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Not a CI grid, but this CI shines. Made by Lodge. It is sitting on a Mini Woo. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jlsm
    Options
    Thanks, Mickey. That's on my list, but I want a grid first.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Seems like BGE needs to update their distribution sheets and update the accessories shown on the BGE site. Kind of sad for them to come out with a nice product & not market it. #-o
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • jlsm
    Options
    I'll email the mothership. Thanks.
  • jlsm
    Options
    Duane answered my email almost immediately to say they had them in the retail store. Just ordered one for $49, which included $11 shipping. Too bad I had to pay that. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Once u posted it was a simple call away I knew I was in trouble. Its on the way$13 ship for me, can't pass up a toy on the mini I guess.
    His you like it so far?
    Seattle, WA
  • jlsm
    Options
    Just got it Friday. It made a huge difference on a steak I cooked last night. Will try it with chicken later in the week, but I know I will be pleased. This goes on my "essential" list for the mini.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I picked one up right when it came out. Called a couple stores and none had it so I drove to tucker. They said they hadn't shipped them to any stores when I asked them.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Got my grid today, very nice and solid piece. Look forward to using it and I see the use for both sides as one is raised and the other flat.
    Seattle, WA
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited March 2013
    Options

Lit said:
    I picked one up right when it came out. Called a couple stores and none had it so I drove to tucker. They said they hadn't shipped them to any stores when I asked them.

We've carried this item at our west coast store since Octoberr 2012.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA