Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time trying these

Options
six_egg
six_egg Posts: 1,110
I saw these on the forums here but I made a small change. I used turkey sausage instead of pork or kielbasa. Neighbors and I loved them.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

Comments

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    Ok , so what are these? How did you put them together? Recipe please....they look great
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Monk balls?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    Looks like some killer "Pig Shots"
    But, I'm with Alton...what's in 'em?
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • six_egg
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yes they are Pig Shots. I used Turkey Sausage as the base, Wrapped in a half slice of thick bacon tooth picked to hold  bacon around sausage. 
    I mixed 8 oz cream cheese, 
    1/2 cup four cheese Mexican cheese and 
    3 oz can of green chilies.
    I then used a little Dizzy Dust to sprinkle on top before cream cheese.
    I then put the cream cheese mixture inside to fill to the top of the bacon. 
    I mixed  1/2 cup brown sugar, 
    1/2 teaspoon of chill powder, 
    1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper and 
    1/2 teaspoon dizzy dust. 
    I topped the Pig shots with this before grilling indirect for 90 mins at 350 to 400 or until bacon is like you want it. 
    This is not my idea or recipe. I got it from these forums somewhere. Sorry took so long to respond. I was looking for original post. I had no luck finding it. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Here is the first post I saw of them. @R2Egg2Q posted Pig Shots
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Those look good and a little ...less unhealthy for you with the turkey! :)
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • six_egg
    Options
    Thank you solson005 for post. Thanks to the rest for your post. FYI if I do it again I will use a sprinkle brown sugar mixture before i put cream cheese mixture in. Then do brown sugar on as normal. Might try jalapeños instead of green chilies too.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL