Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Something was missing...

Options

So, I was just sitting out enjoying the sun with a beer in hand on Sunday morning a few hours before firing up the egg to cook a Turkey breast, when something didn’t sit right with me. Something was missing. I sat there looking around trying to figure out what was bothering me, maybe something was out of place, maybe something was broke, maybe something was missing, or maybe it was just me. a few beers later, it hit me, my new RediChek dual probe transmitter was gone! How could that go missing, I had only used it once? Kids maybe? Nope. Wife? Nope. Then I see my Husky laying in the yard chewing on a bone. Called the kids outside and the search party started. We managed to find the transmitter, and both probes, in all different locations, minor damage to each, but i may need a new probe soon. Damn dog. Just thought I would share that little miss hap from the weekend after I saw Fletcherfams pic with his RediChak. I did use it for the breast, seamed to still be working fine, so far...

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Actually that was Chubbs holding the RediChek in "Early Morning Pork Shoulder"
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    One of our dogs is a clever thief.  Luckily, she has one spot in the house where she takes everything she steals to chew up.  I have found my wallet in this spot 3 different times.  One of these days I will learn to put my wallet somewhere she can't get it! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Your dog was just trying to help, those probes looked a little dirty and they needed a good licking. The transmitter passed the battery test, but it looks a tad low, you might want to change them before the next low and slow..... and your husky says "You are welcome, glad to help out!"
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!