Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT-Forum issues

What are your thoughts on Vanilla Forums? Personally, I think there are better forum providers out there that offer much better functions for ease of posting.

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,078
    Until very recently, I have had no issue with the forum except for the fact that I cannot "search" with the mobile site, so I have to select "full site" and go from there; a minor inconvenience.

Recently, the "Post After Approval" issue has been beyond annoying. This seems to have been mostly resolved since some of our favorite members have been banned. 

• Don't get me wrong, I love the forum, just think Vanilla has a weird format. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
  • Don't get me wrong, I love the forum, just think Vanilla has a weird format. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
    @Bham_egger, you shouldn't have to worry or apologize about disagreeing or disliking something.  All forums, and organizations for that matter, should constantly be trying to improve and have a way for users to submit feedback.  If someone takes criticism personally over a product, maybe they should mature and use that feedback constructively. (sp?)

@Bham_egger, you shouldn't have to worry or apologize about disagreeing or disliking something.  All forums, and organizations for that matter, should constantly be trying to improve and have a way for users to submit feedback.  If someone takes criticism personally over a product, maybe they should mature and use that feedback constructively. (sp?)

I agree. Hopefully they are constantly evaluating and improving. This forum is a lot of fun, but could use some tweaking.
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Agreed, although remember it was only a few months back that we didnt have cool like and agree buttons! seems they are always working on it.
    Lynnwood WA
  • mteelemteele Posts: 48
    I agree with you...I frequent many forums and the format of this one has always just bothered me.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,078
    mteele said:
    I agree with you...I frequent many forums and the format of this one has always just bothered me.
    What about it bothers you?
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,185
    It bothers me that everyone on here cooks better than me....let's shut her down.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • No Comment
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,185

No Comment

No Comment

No comment? Drink more.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN