Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT-Forum issues

What are your thoughts on Vanilla Forums? Personally, I think there are better forum providers out there that offer much better functions for ease of posting.
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,178
    Until very recently, I have had no issue with the forum except for the fact that I cannot "search" with the mobile site, so I have to select "full site" and go from there; a minor inconvenience.

Recently, the "Post After Approval" issue has been beyond annoying. This seems to have been mostly resolved since some of our favorite members have been banned. 

·
  • Don't get me wrong, I love the forum, just think Vanilla has a weird format. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
    ·
  • Don't get me wrong, I love the forum, just think Vanilla has a weird format. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
    @Bham_egger, you shouldn't have to worry or apologize about disagreeing or disliking something.  All forums, and organizations for that matter, should constantly be trying to improve and have a way for users to submit feedback.  If someone takes criticism personally over a product, maybe they should mature and use that feedback constructively. (sp?)
    ·

@Bham_egger, you shouldn't have to worry or apologize about disagreeing or disliking something.  All forums, and organizations for that matter, should constantly be trying to improve and have a way for users to submit feedback.  If someone takes criticism personally over a product, maybe they should mature and use that feedback constructively. (sp?)

I agree. Hopefully they are constantly evaluating and improving. This forum is a lot of fun, but could use some tweaking.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Agreed, although remember it was only a few months back that we didnt have cool like and agree buttons! seems they are always working on it.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • mteelemteele Posts: 48
    I agree with you...I frequent many forums and the format of this one has always just bothered me.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,178
    mteele said:
    I agree with you...I frequent many forums and the format of this one has always just bothered me.
    What about it bothers you?
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,252
    It bothers me that everyone on here cooks better than me....let's shut her down.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • No Comment
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,252

No Comment

No Comment

No comment? Drink more.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·