Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"How Does it Know...?" OT

Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited February 2013 in Off Topic

I took my picnic roasts to my Mom's this weekend and my sister was there.  I cooked the roasts at home on my large and transported them FTC to Mom's.  When my sister saw me take the roasts out of the cooler she told me a story about a friend of her's.  Her friend is a teacher and for a staff party, she prepared a baked potato bar.  She brought a load of foil wrapped baked potatoes in a cooler.  One her smarter collegues asked, "How does it know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold?" 

God help us!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    =)) FUNNY
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Oh my!

XLBGE 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041

I took my picnic roasts to my Mom's this weekend and my sister was there.  I cooked the roasts at home on my large and transported them FTC to Mom's.  When my sister saw me take the roasts out of the cooler she told me a story about a friend of her's.  Her friend is a teacher and for a staff party, she prepared a baked potato bar.  She brought a load of foil wrapped baked potatoes in a cooler.  One her smarter collegues asked, "How does it know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold?" 

God help us!

god help our children these are teachers
  • Wwo
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Old blonde joke - A blonde sees a thermos in a store. She asks a clerk, "What is that and what's it for?" The clerk answers, "It's a thermos that keeps hot things hot and cold things cold." The blonde says, "I'll take it." When she gets to work, her blonde boss asks, "What is that?" The blonde worker says, "It's a thermos. It keeps cold things cold and hot things hot." "Whatcha got in it?" "A cup of coffee and a Popsicle.
    Old blonde joke - A blonde sees a thermos in a store. She asks a clerk, "What is that and what's it for?" The clerk answers, "It's a thermos that keeps hot things hot and cold things cold." The blonde says, "I'll take it." When she gets to work, her blonde boss asks, "What is that?" The blonde worker says, "It's a thermos. It keeps cold things cold and hot things hot." "Whatcha got in it?" "A cup of coffee and a Popsicle.
    I thought my sister might be pulling my leg, but she was earnest about it and I know it's very plausible that "educated" people can be so stupid.  I'm a union steward at work and represent professional and technical people. There are a few I can think of that I know they're at the top of their game if their fly is zipped.  It's still disconcerting.  
    Flint, Michigan
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'm speechless...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • My wife was a bartender in a mountain town in Colorado and more than once she was asked, "When do the deer turn into Elk?"
  • psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108
    And her vote counts just as much as yours!!!!!
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Ohhh psalzer, you are so right.
    That vote thing is what bothers me the most.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • If she lived in Florida , she probably didn't get to vote !!
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    My wife was a bartender in a mountain town in Colorado and more than once she was asked, "When do the deer turn into Elk?"
    Easy, same time jack rabbits turn to antelopes.
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    But then, it's a JackAlope. Huh?
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • From time to time, we all say things without thinking them through. I really hope the teacher in Fred's OP was doing just that. Otherwise there are some serious things to worry about. 
    I recall driving down an interstate when we saw a highways worker scooping up some roadkill. SWMBO blurted out "Who picks up all the dead animals that die in the woods?" She followed it with "I can't believe I just said that". While laughing so hard I could hardly drive I told her the image of a rabbit running around hanging onto its chest claiming it to be the big one was just too much. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddy,

Yeah. I never understood why they put those deer crossing signs on the hiways. It would be so much better if they had them cross on the sideroads

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    edited February 2013
    Or have the deer cross at School crossings. That was a funny video. You tube "please move deer crossing" if you haven't heard it.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Logger said:
    Ohhh psalzer, you are so right.
    That vote thing is what bothers me the most.
    And Eugenics is considered unethical. Sheesh.