Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Inaugural cook on the new Small... brekka for SWMBO

Options
Finally got to break in the new Small!

Groceries:

Brand new egg!

"I love the smell of charcoal in the morning" (soooo much better than napalm). Its quiet outside, and nothing beats sitting outside with a cup of coffee and watching your cooker come up to temp.

Getting the meat ready. Maple brown sugar links for SWMBO and a boudin noir for me.

Once the CI skillets were hot, I threw the bell peppers in. Mine had a thai chili chopped up.

Poured the eggs in, added the feta and spinach. Ten minutes or so later, they were done. Egg was running at about 350-400. 

We dined  al fresco. A simple breakfast/brunch of spinach/feta/bell pepper omelets with sausage, enjoyed poolside. It was a great way to start the day and the weekend. Planning a lazyish day today - already did my bit by trimming some trees in the yard. Sorry about the pics being a little dark - not much sun on the patio in the morning. On the other hand - the pool looks much cleaner since the pool guy fixed the filter :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Damn dude. Make a swim up bar for that shiznit. What what!
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    Great start to the day.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    Love the CI skillets!! Are those a BGE item?? Breakfast looks Good!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Nice way to break in the small =D>

Looks like a great start to the weekend!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. It was a very pleasant way to start the day.

@Sancho65: those skillets are from Lodge. I think they are fajita skillets or something like that.

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options

What is this coffee that you speak of ? I thought weekend morning beverage was Bloody Mary !!

:D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Looks great @caliking.  I really need to remember to egg a breakfast now and then.  Only time I've started the egg that early has been for a butt or a brisket. Nice looking cook.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options
    Wow, looks awesome. Great looking backyard.
  • Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Options
    Second the cool skillets, gotta get some of those. Mine won't look nearly as nice as yours though, that pool looks killer too!
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    Looks like an great start to the day.  I'm jealous of your sunshine too!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Arrrrgggghhh! Another post lost to the approval gremlins. I think it happens when I quote multiple posts in a response.

Anyways, thanks to all for the kind posts. I was trying to say that we love our outdoor space, especially since spring has sprung in Houston, and the weather was beautiful this weekend. The pool looks so much nicer now that the filter is fixed - was looking pretty bad for a couple of weeks until i figured out that the filter needed servicing. And the sunshine - well that's why we moved down here! :)  I  can take the heat, but ice + snow are quite another thing.