Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Inaugural cook on the new Small... brekka for SWMBO

Finally got to break in the new Small!

Groceries:

Brand new egg!

"I love the smell of charcoal in the morning" (soooo much better than napalm). Its quiet outside, and nothing beats sitting outside with a cup of coffee and watching your cooker come up to temp.

Getting the meat ready. Maple brown sugar links for SWMBO and a boudin noir for me.

Once the CI skillets were hot, I threw the bell peppers in. Mine had a thai chili chopped up.

Poured the eggs in, added the feta and spinach. Ten minutes or so later, they were done. Egg was running at about 350-400. 

We dined  al fresco. A simple breakfast/brunch of spinach/feta/bell pepper omelets with sausage, enjoyed poolside. It was a great way to start the day and the weekend. Planning a lazyish day today - already did my bit by trimming some trees in the yard. Sorry about the pics being a little dark - not much sun on the patio in the morning. On the other hand - the pool looks much cleaner since the pool guy fixed the filter :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments