Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hey Hap

I bought a bottle of Woodferd Double Oak after seeing you mention it various time and all I can say is yum!!! This stuff is good. image

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
image.jpg 1.4M
·

Comments

• You guys have more money than me, the doubled oak was $86.50 so I stuck with the regular Woodford at half the price.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,697
    I paid $ 56 and kinda felt guilty, but then I realized my wife drinks $90 bottles of wine and suddenly the guilt left :D

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,222
    $90 bottles of wine? Not this guy. I don't see the point. On our honeymoon we blind sampled a $100 bottle a $50 bottle and a $15 bottle at dinner one night. All Pinot noir. $100 was my least favorite and was my wife's second favorite.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    I've had a $270 bottle...I'll take the Yellow Tail.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I just purchased Double Oak for $49... Good stuff
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,912
    First of all congrats... Second, store the bottle upright or it's gonna spill ;)

I got DO in PA for $50... I wouldn't do it every week, but here and there I don't think it's that crazy. Still cheaper and safer drinking it at that price on my deck vs. out a bar somewhere.

Did get a bottle of Buffalo Trace that I haven't tried yet along with some of the Jim Beam Red Stag Black Cherry. That was much better than I thought it would be and I won't be afraid of getting it again...
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Buy expensive bottles of booze and wine. Drink enjoy. After you finish but some cheap good stuff and fill the expensive empty bottle for guests.
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,697
    @IrishDevil - good suggestion!!! I used to be a plain and simple man until I started reading here, LOL. Now my wiff say I am plainly a pain in the a$$. :D :D

·
  • I think i am going to have to pick up and try a bottle this weekend, weather is nice enough now to sit out by the egg for the whole cook. Well, this week anyways. I was damn close to putting shorts on when the sun was out, had a few rums while the turkey was on. I will definetly be picking some Woodford up!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·