Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Triple Rack Sundee

Options
One chicken, one salmon, one baby back, and one chuck roast! AR set up indirect with controller at 275F grate temp to cook for the week.

Comments

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The chicken . . . 160F breast and 175F thigh, some kid rub on the outside, spatched.
  • SteveWPBFL
    Options
    Chuck, done to 180F and a rack of baby backs to 200F.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Need an accompaniment:  1 bourbon, 1 scotch, and 1 beer....  :-bd

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SteveWPBFL
    Options
    Salmon with Raging River done to 140F on cedar planks. Ribs and chuck only had kid rub. We're set for the week!
  • SteveWPBFL
    Options
    One large chunk of apple for smoke!
  • SteveWPBFL
    Options
    Botch, did it with tres Coors Lights, but I hear ya!
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options
    Now thats crankin it out, Impressive.
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options
    Is that you in your sig pic? If so, what kind of tunes do you play? I play as well, just not so much these days.
  • Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Options
    This looks fantastic SteveWPBFL, quick question...is there any concern doing it this way and having the juices of chicken falling on fish or the other way around?
  • WiltOnTilt
    Options
    Incredible!! How did the timing on each of those work out?
  • SteveWPBFL
    edited February 2013
    Options
    That's Walter Trout's Outsider LP on my sig pic, hope he doesn't mind. I listen to his music a ton and just recently saw him live again. Got a few pics of him now with me and my wife. Hooked on Walter. Check him out if you like blues rock or guitar rock. 

The chicken was put on the lower rack for the very issue being asked about, because it would produce the most drippings that you don't want on other items and because the skin isn't going to crisp up too much under this moderate temp cook and it would therefore be ok to get dripped on. The other items don't produce much in the way of drippings. The salmon was in the middle rack and it came off when it hit 140F IT so the other meats above didn't drip on it at all. The ribs, well, were perfect for my taste, cooked them until they were 200F between the bones just like when cooking butts. The chuck was pulled off at 180F just because I didn't feel like waiting to see if I could get it to 205F IT to see if it would pull. It sliced nice! And that's fine with us.

Timing is not an issue, they're done when the thermapen says they're done. Remember, we're cooking for the week anyway so everything doesn't have to be done at the same time. What ends up happening is everything comes off and gets splayed out as the cook progresses, we have dinner, and then everything goes in the fridge in plastic containers. From there it's pick and choose, mix and match for the next 2-3 days after work. 
  • Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Options
    Great Steve, Thanks and I'll have to try that. Really sounds interesting!