Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Maintenance

After reading about @Solson005 and his gasket replacement I decided to do some egg maintaining, so I did a clean burn and a gasket replacement. This is the first clean burn that I have done and all I can say is WOW. The egg is crazy clean. I let it cool down and replaced the gasket and realigned the dome after watching the video on u-tube many time this morning. Right now I am having withdrawal because I want to cook but know I need to let the gasket glue cure for a bit.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited February 2013
    You have learned that age old lesson - "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" or so my Grandmother always said, and I'm not doubting her word.  A clean egg is a happy egg. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Glad I could help getting your egg all cleaned up. I just roasted some veggies for salsa and guacamole and liked the fresh gasket every time I opened the dome. if only they would stay that way oh well.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Solson005 said:
    Glad I could help getting your egg all cleaned up. I just roasted some veggies for salsa and guacamole and liked the fresh gasket every time I opened the dome. if only they would stay that way oh well.. 
    Egg gaskets are like children and puppies, if only they too would stay that way. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!