Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Video of my first BGE cook.

So I documented my first BGE cook on video. Just sent it up to YouTube to share with everyone else.

I've also recorded some of my other cooks, they'll be going up as well. Feel free to let me know what you think.
·

Comments

• Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    edited February 2013
    Good video, if you put the daisy wheel on with the logo on the left side, every time you open the egg it will stay put and you won't have to re-adjust the settings.how did it taste?

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,423
    Nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • How did you know it was "DONE"?  Without knowing the internal temperature?
    ·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 407
    Nicely done for a first cook!  Looking forward to other video's and photos as you get going.  One question, I have had bad luck with any woods other than fruit (cherry, apple) on lighter meats.  How was the Hickory?  I would think it was good, but my experience (with chicken) was not pleasant.  
    ·
  • nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    How did you know it was "DONE"?  Without knowing the internal temperature?
    I chose pork loin for my first BGE cook because I've done quite a few of them on various smokers. I can cook it blindfolded. One hour per pound at 250 and it's done but not overcooked. Another sign is when the fat on the top has split and a nice bark has formed on the outside.
    ·
  • nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    allsid said:
    Nicely done for a first cook!  Looking forward to other video's and photos as you get going.  One question, I have had bad luck with any woods other than fruit (cherry, apple) on lighter meats.  How was the Hickory?  I would think it was good, but my experience (with chicken) was not pleasant.  
    The hickory worked perfectly, nice smokey flavor. I only use hickory and occasionally mesquite for all of my cooks. My guess is the chicken may have been over smoked?
    ·