Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

In Law Chop

Entertained the In-Laws.

Thick chops marinated in Dichickos Garlic.  Cooked until the internal was 130.

Tried to smoke sweet potatoes with hickory.  The potatoes were good, but did not pick up any smoke.  Cutting in half lead to some carmelization on the open face.  I'll just cook these wrapped in foil next time.

Asparagus, lightly grilled.

Pretty good meal.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• Marinated with soy, and put some butter on it.

• Nice, as always Doc.... Haven't had pork chops in some time, must do some, thanks for the memory kick.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Very good. I need to get one of those asparagus holder things. Haha.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
  • Great cook Doc!  Great thread title, too.  It drew me in!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• JscottJscott Posts: 174
    yes, good title in the thread. At first I thought Chop was a verb, but that's just me.
    We love thick, bone-in chops on the BGE. Cuban style is my wife's favorite meat!
  • Looks good and i am cooking a couple of chops tonight.  How were they cooked - direct, indirect?
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,554
    Looks good and i am cooking a couple of chops tonight.  How were they cooked - direct, indirect?

Direct I think, you can see the burning lump in those pics.

Doc, I too need those clips. Sur La Table?

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• Looks good and i am cooking a couple of chops tonight.  How were they cooked - direct, indirect?
    Direct at 400.  I like to do them on the XL so I can take them off the center after the initial sear.

• Aviator said:
    Looks good and i am cooking a couple of chops tonight.  How were they cooked - direct, indirect?

Either that or Williams Sonoma, I don't remember which.
    Direct I think, you can see the burning lump in those pics.

Doc, I too need those clips. Sur La Table?

• See what happens when yu don't look at all the pictures!!! :((   I have them in your marinate recipe right now -- and those clips are neat !
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    edited February 2013
    Well, these chops were my best by a long shot!!  Perfect, juicy,sweet and tender!!  Now, i am another mission -- like when i discovered brining my spatchcock chicken!!  In a few weeks my wife will be sooo tired of "brined thick pork chops" !!!  But it is an excellent meal and needs to be proven!!  This meal was spaghetti squash, baked potatoe, and the excellent pork chops!  Chops were pulled at 147 internal degrees.