Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Got a top round roast, pit beef or pulled beef?

Topic says it all guys and gals, found a top round roast in the deep freeze that needs to be cooked.  So let me know what you think. It's about 3 1/3 rd pounds.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,516
    Pit beef. I don't know if there is enough interstitial fat for pulled.
  • That's what I was thinking, chuck roast would be better for pulled wouldn't it?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,489
    Did a top round pit beef tonight. One of my favorite cooks.
    Made jerky out of one three weeks ago, getting ready to do it again!
  • Any suggestions @Tjcoley? Never done pit beef before and my neighbor is from Baltimore so I would like for it to be decent.
    Here's the first one I did. Tonight I went indirect at 400 to IT of 90, then seared to 125. Still a little more done than I like, but great flavor and great sandwich. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143360/baltimore-pit-beef#latest
    Actually used ground dried garlic.  Fresh would be better, but just wanted the flavor.  Kept it simple.
  • 500500 Posts: 2,183
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,413
    edited February 2013
    @500 That looks so good
    ^:)^
  • 500500 Posts: 2,183
    Yea I'd like to be able to do them like Charlie does. Those as good sammiches.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • Here is the roast