Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

After Years of Being a "Butt Man", Gonna Try A Picnic Roast.

Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 4,145
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
I love cooking pork butts.  Wilma went to Meijer and I asked her to pick up a couple so I can make pulled pork tomorrow.  She called me at work at told me the picnic roasts were on sale for $0.99/lbs.  I told her to buy 'em and then I realized I've never cooked a picnic roast before.  Chalk it up to not messing with success or maybe being unsure about what to do with the skin.  I don't know.   I planned on putting a couple of butts in the Egg early tomorrow and transporting it FTC to my Mom's for pulled pork.  I'm thinking of skinning 'em, rub 'em and Egg 'em.  So the question remains about what do I do with the skin?  To get cracklins, can I pan fry it or does it need to be deep fried?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

Comments