Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork loin

Options
Can you make pulled pork from a pork loin? I have been elected to smoke some pulled pork for my grandsons cubscout troop and they purchased pork loin instead of butts. I have never cooked a loin before.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Options
    Pork loin doesn't have enough fatty tissue in it for pulled pork.  By the time it reached pulling temperatures --  it would be dry !  Best bet is to cook it for slicing -- pulled at 140 dergrees..
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I agree. You could also cube or chop up the loin and sauce it. Don't cook it to 200.
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Well I talked to the scout master and they told me that they used pork loin last year but they cooked them in crockpots. So these loins are gonna be cooked in a crockpots this year also but I am gonna cook a couple of butts in the egg to go with them. My swmbo is gonna cook a half a loin in her crockpot and mix it with the butts I cook on the egg.. 

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• cdees_1993
    Options
    I cook them in crock pots and cover in coke.  Cook for about 6-7 hours on hi and you will love them.  Drain then put back in pulled apart with forks and cover in a full bottle of sweet baby ray's bbq sauce.  It is amazing!! 
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    We cut it into one inch steaks throw on a rub and grill it to 140F IT.