Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I wish I had a good dealer...

Options
2»

Comments

• NEWB_IN_NOLA
    Options
    New Orleans egg dealers are the same way. Only sell MSRP, terrible service and severely lacking in knowledge.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Well, I hope someone from BGE sees this thread, and makes some effort to improve customer-retailer relations. I can see why the lone dealer in a town/city may be somewhat infdifferent, thinking that people don't have a choice unless they want to drive for some time, but I don't understand why bigger cities with multiple dealers wouldn't care more about keeping customers happier? One member mentions how he helped his dealer make 7 sales! That's several thousand dollars, not counting the future cost  of accessories, additional eggs, etc.

If the mothership sells to the distributor, then the distributor sells to the retail store, it sounds kinda like car sales, where the manufacturer is not really invested in the final point of sale. But car makers do take some interest in customer feedback, which is why dealers want to make sure you give them nothing but excellent ratings on the form that goes back to the manufacturer. Maybe BGE can do something similar?

The best dealer I have encountered was at an ACE not far from me... but they sell Primo's, not BGE's. The guy knew his stuff, competed, and spent a fair bit of time talking to me. This was back when i was contemplating getting a Primo. That Ace store used to be a  BGE dealer in the past but switched a few years ago.

2 more dealers to try in Houston, then I'll start trolling the ones in Dallas :))

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    Leviticus said:
    I'm completely spoiled. I literally live around the corner from the mothership. I made the mistake of buying my large from someone else in Atlanta, but returned to the BGE HQ to pick up a table nest and investigate some needed items that the dealer had conveniently left out of the package deal. (ash tool, charcoal)

Upon telling the gentleman my plight, he stepped into the back and grabbed a used ash tool. I payed for the bag of charcoal and table nest, but he wouldn't let me for the ash tool. Salt of the earth. (all of them - it must be an eggfest in there every day)

I thought I might be doing the local economy and a doomed Ace a favor by buying through them, but I'll never bother with anyone but HQ again.
    @leviticus I live around the corner as well. Great group of guys in there. I go at least once a week!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA