Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Some OT Stuff

Nothing cooked on the Egg, but just wanted to share some stuff.

Last night I had a craving for sloppy joes. Mrs. G doesn't like them, but she was out of town. Didn't want to go with the packaged stuff, so looked around the net for a recipe and finally settled on Rachel Ray's

Not what I was really looking for. Way too sweet for my tastes, but its a starter recipe and I think I can tweak it to get it where I want.

Sometimes, not all the times, Mrs. G brings me back some susseys (that's her word that her family has always used for surprises). I think she does it when she feels guilty for being away too long. Or maybe she really does like me. Who knows? Anyway, she brought me back a few things from Germany. Aside from some outstanding chocolate, she brought me back 2 jars of spices.

I don't speak German, but I got mad Googling skills! I maybe wrong, but I think that says Spicy Poultry Grill Salt. She admitted she had no idea what it was, but I think she saw the word grill in the title and grabbed it.

I think the ingredients are table salt, sugar, coriander, paprika, pepper, rosemary and curry. Can't wait to try it out and see what it tastes like. She also brought this one

I think it says Summer Tomato Mozzarella Spice (or Seasoning). She probably got this one for herself. ;)

Ingredients are rock salt, basil, thyme, herbal salst, garlic, paprika, oregano and pepper. Not sure what to do with this one, but figure it would go nicely on a caprese salad or something.

Anyway, that's about all I got for now. Gonna fire up the Egg for a burger tonight. Got inspired by a recent post and gonna try out something new for me. Along with some Dosaritas! :)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·

Comments

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Those look Extra SLLLLOOOOPPPYYY!!!
    images.jpg 7.7K

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768

You know Adam Sandler singing "Sloppy Joes" was going through my head the entire time.

Sloppy joes, slop, sloppy joes...

Richardson, Texas

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,008
    Navy beans, navy beans, navy beans...meatloaf sandwich.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Griffin said:

You know Adam Sandler singing "Sloppy Joes" was going through my head the entire time.

As soon as I saw that I started doing the same thing.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603

Sloopy Joe's look great. Where is the chilli and cheese for totes?

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    We love sloppy joes at our house and we ALWAYS have to have tater tots. I think it's a national law or something like that!
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    @Griffin looks good. we make our own sloppy joes all the time from scratch 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,044
    edited February 2013
    Griffin said:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,740
    Those spices sound interesting, especially the second one. Gotta get home to start celebrating National Margarita Day. I'm lagging behind!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Nice sloppy joe... but there's something missing in your picture! No whiskey, bourbon or beer to go with those sloppy joes?

These are two of my favorite spices that I bring home from Germany. Grill & Hanchen is for chicken. Grill & Kotelett is for pork. Be careful though. They are good but can be salty if you use too much.

010.JPG 2.4M
    009.JPG 2.5M
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Sloppy Joes - We called them Wimpies in NE PA growing up.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    Hashmaker said:

Nice sloppy joe... but there's something missing in your picture! No whiskey, bourbon or beer to go with those sloppy joes?

These are two of my favorite spices that I bring home from Germany. Grill & Hanchen is for chicken. Grill & Kotelett is for pork. Be careful though. They are good but can be salty if you use too much.

Booze don't always make into the picture. :D

Richardson, Texas

·
  • I have a friend who speaks and reads German if you want me to have them translate. Now English is her 4th language so sometimes I gotta translate her Swedish ha. She also speaks Somlian if you ever have a need to have it translated.
    Boom
    ·