Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daytona 500!!! What are you cooking?

Well...the big race is this weekend and no matter whether you are a Nascar fan or not the 500 is a national icon.  I havent decided what I'll cook yet.  I want some sort of finger food that is over the top.  ABT's plus some.  Any suggestions?  What are you cooking?

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Pig shots with herbed goat cheese. Always throws people for a loop. We are gonna throw down some turkey breast bone in with mickeys coffee rub. I want to do like a pulled turkey with it.
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    What is this race?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    IrishDevl said:

What is this race?

I think it's where you turn left a bunch of times while wearing bright colors. Like white frat guys trying to dance with popped collars. Sup bro!
  • Griffin said:
     when is race? i want to see Danica on the pole. ;)

=))
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Griffin said:

A lot of ways to go with this one.... :-t
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Griffin........you have given me inspiration.  I'm going to come up with an appetizer called the "Pole Dancer" in honor of Ms Patrick!
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Yay!! I'll take a pole dancer here, please.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Griffin said:
    You got it Griff.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited February 2013
    What is this race?
    I think it's where you turn left a bunch of times while wearing bright colors. Like white frat guys trying to dance with popped collars. Sup bro!
    I am surprised, knowing you meant this in fun. NASCAR and F1 are two very demanding auto sports. NASCAR is much more than just turning left and F1 is much more than oversized go karts. They both require unique skill sets, which is why you do not see drivers move from one to the other. 
    I'll watch the race on Sunday, as much as I hate restrictor plate races, 'cause it is a good excuse to sit on the couch/sofa and drink beer while watching the Maverick. 
    Cook will be some ribs and fries with raw veggie and dip appies. It will be interesting to see how the drivers adapt to the Gen 6 car. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • eprice
    eprice Posts: 12
    Guess I'll be having BLT's for the race
  • IrishDevl
    I will pass on this unbelievable experience of watching a car go around a track a bunch of times.
  • IrishDevl
    I would be willing to watch this skillfest if Cole Trickle is racing. Only because he is cool, but mostly because he was able to get next to Nicole Kidman back in the day when she was hot (and a doctor).  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

IrishDevl said:

What is this race?

I am surprised, knowing you meant this in fun. NASCAR and F1 are two very demanding auto sports. NASCAR is much more than just turning left and F1 is much more than oversized go karts. They both require unique skill sets, which is why you do not see drivers move from one to the other. 
    I'll watch the race on Sunday, as much as I hate restrictor plate races, 'cause it is a good excuse to sit on the couch/sofa and drink beer while watching the Maverick. 
    Cook will be some ribs and fries with raw veggie and dip appies. It will be interesting to see how the drivers adapt to the Gen 6 car. 

I was being silly. I like watching F1 and Le Mans. While there is great skill involved, it is incredibly boring to watch NASCAR for me. Sort of like the reason some don't like watching golf. The engineering on F1 is the highest level in motor sports, as far as I am concerned. They are much more than go-karts, just as NASCAR vehicles are much more than souped-up moonshine runners.
  • IrishDevl said:
    I would be willing to watch this skillfest if Cole Trickle is racing. Only because he is cool, but mostly because he was able to get next to Nicole Kidman back in the day when she was hot (and a doctor).  
    You do know that was just a movie, eh? Cole and Nicole were actually married to each other at the time. Now Ricky Bobby on the other hand, is much closer to the real thing. 

Like most "sporting" events, you either like it or you don't. Geez, I know some folks who will sit and watch soccer or cricket, me I don't get it so I pass on those skillfests. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • IrishDevl said:
    Hey.....is Cole **** Trickle's kid?
  • IrishDevl

IrishDevl said:

You do know that was just a movie, eh? Cole and Nicole were actually married to each other at the time. Now Ricky Bobby on the other hand, is much closer to the real thing. 

Like most "sporting" events, you either like it or you don't. Geez, I know some folks who will sit and watch soccer or cricket, me I don't get it so I pass on those skillfests. 

What? Seriously? I knew Cole looked like some short gay little Hollywood Actor, but I was certain it was real. Surely Kidman is a doctor though, that was real.
  • I'm not a race fan. Couldn't tell you who won any race or championship. Plus, I'll be hungover from staying up tonight watching UFC 157
    Boom
  • IrishDevl said:
    What? Seriously? I knew Cole looked like some short gay little Hollywood Actor, but I was certain it was real. Surely Kidman is a doctor though, that was real.
    I know it is hard to believe, 'cause it is on the internet so it must be real, but no, Nicole is not a Doctor, and she is not even American, she's an Aussie. (Sorry to burst all you bubbles at once)
  • Man.....do you guys even know who **** Trickle is?  He's a legend!
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    1st time Pork Butt!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • IrishDevl said:
    I thought that was **** Trickle that went round and round. Was Cole his Dad?
  • Man.....do you guys even know who **** Trickle is?  He's a legend!
    I sure do know who he is!!! He is the driver you hired to get the most from your advertising dollars. Everytime he wrecked, the video would be played over and over again. The phones and sales would go through the roof. 
    :))
  • Well...the joke is on me.  I had forgotten that "Cole Trickle" was in Days of thunder.  I thought maybe he was a new driver on  the NASCAR scene!