Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: How is the weather treating everyone?

2»

Comments

• I gotta move to a warmer climate!!!
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,551
    I gotta move to a warmer climate!!!
    Good mf'n posting.  I'm going to San Diego in a couple months.  May not come back and send for the wife and kids.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,163
    Rain and cold... Tired of being teased by the threats for big snows. Bring on Spring! F U winter!!!
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    edited February 2013
    hapster said:

Rain and cold... Tired of being teased by the threats for big snows. Bring on Spring! F U winter!!!

Spoken like a true Pennsylvanian. I couldn't agree more. Tired of cold days! Did I also mention that I'm a teacher and look forward to some warm days in June, July, and August? There's just something about those months, but I can't put my finger on it. LOL
    Mark Annville, PA
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,533

February is not a fun month here in northern Virginny. It has not been super frigid, but just plain cold and raw and mostly gray. If it is going to be this cold, we might as well get snow, but almost none to report in 2 years. Bottom line, annoyingly cold, windy and gray and it might as well snow, but it hasn't. February go away.

Cheers!
    Chris
    Come up to Liberty Mountain Resort and I'll comp you lift tickets, rentals, and lessons if necessary. Makes winter so much better!

As long as you comp me some rubs, of course ;)
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,465
    Sunny 80 and floating in the hot tub. Not egging - going to the daughters for dinner. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Freezing rain right now and snow showers tomorrow.  Egging in this weather puts hair on your chest!  Too bad it doesn't put hair on your head!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• Nothing but cold and rainy in Cumming, Georgia.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,186
    edited February 2013
    5C (about 45F) on the Pacific west coast of Canuckistan, and for the first time in what seems like weeks, the sky has parted and the sun is shinning. Someone must have taken a goat, held it down on a rock and stabbed it through the heart. Hope it is being cooked on an egg....

@Eggcelsior - where do ride in the Baltimore area? Didn't know there was any ski/board hills in that neck of the woods. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Looking good from where I am...and snow is on the way for later making hopefully making for a powder day tomorrow!
  • Louisville usually gets cold wintery days in Jan and feb. This year everything was north of the Ohio river and we got skipped (so far).
  • I've done more rainy cooks that dry cooks lately...
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,163
    Currently sitting under a big umbrella burning a NUB and enjoying some Jim Beam Black Cherry. Better than I expected... Heavy fog/ drizzle that somehow gets you more soaked than actual rain... Listening to the Phillies and Tigers games on my phone. Love the MLB app...

At least it's warm and sunny in my head.
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    Lots and lots of rain. I wish I could share some of it with the people in the middle of the country.

I'm going to try to work in a cook today, though.

Tim
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,533

5C (about 45F) on the Pacific west coast of Canuckistan, and for the first time in what seems like weeks, the sky has parted and the sun is shinning. Someone must have taken a goat, held it down on a rock and stabbed it through the heart. Hope it is being cooked on an egg....

@Eggcelsior - where do ride in the Baltimore area? Didn't know there was any ski/board hills in that neck of the woods. 
    I live 1 hour west of Baltimore. I am a member of the National Ski Patrol at Liberty Mountain Resort which is near Gettysburg national battlefield. It's about 30 minutes north of me. Hill is right; we have a little over 600 feet of elevation and it takes around 30 seconds to get from top to bottom. I believe the equivalent in your neck of the woods is the bunny slope at Whistler.
  • All is well here in northern Wisconsin, got bout 3, 4 or so more inches of snow it is truly beautiful here in Gods country!!