Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Warranty

New egghead and broke the cardinal sin! Let the egg get too hot and the felt seal came off. Is this covered under warranty? HELP!
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808
    If it's less than a year old and you're the original owner, it's covered.

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,659
    .....but get used to it. Just like real life, sins are inevitable (that thing is going to come off anyway)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 602
    Many post about some not even using one. I like too have it myself.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,036
    Have 3 Eggs and only one felt (there because it has only been cooked on once).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 201
    No felt on my egg.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
  • chad408chad408 Posts: 140
    I ran my egg about four or five months no gasket worked fine. No problem controlling temp.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808
    You don't "need" a gasket, but if it's free under warranty, I'd get a replacement.  The fire extinguishes faster with less air leaks - you may not care because you're done cooking.

·