Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

CI Pizza

@Griffin inspired me to try the cast iron deep dish pizza. I haven't ventured into making my own dough yet so I used store bought. I got my dough from Publix and it's not bad. I used a 13 inch skillet and cooked my pizza at 425 indirect. The platesetter was legs up with the grid on top of it. I cooked it for 30 minutes, which was probably a couple of minutes too long. Next time(and there will be a next time!), I'll probably take it off at 25 minutes. After letting the dough rest and spread in the skillet, I topped it with grated mozzerella, sausage, pepperoni and black olives. Then I added some sauce and then MORE mozzerella. Even with slightly over-cooking, this pizza was one of the best so far on the egg!imageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments