Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT----BACON Infused Bloody Marys---- OT

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223

Had the day off yesterday and went to brunch with my mother in law. Wanted a bloody mary to get the train rolling again early---- vacation, right? So, as I browsed the specialty drink menu, I gravitated to the top right side of the page and stumbled across Bacon Infused Bloody Marys. As any Eddhead would, I ordered one, then another, then another..... Let me tell you what guys and gals, this was amazing.

If you want a conversation starter, try this for your next tailgate. I am making a batch this weekend and will share pics.

Cook 8 strips of bacon (I will be using my last homemade savory batch) and let it soak in a pitcher of vodka (No need for high $ for BM's, Svedka will due) for 24 hours. Then, break it up in small pieces or use cooked lardons. Make your BM like you usually would (Zing Zang mix or bust for me), add the pepper, hot sauce, etc. Then drop small bits of bacon in and stir. Top it off with a tooth pic of 2 olives, a few pieces of bacon, and then a few pieces of cucumber. Enjoy!!

I will post pics when I do them!

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Sounds great. I had a BLT Bloody Mary at the Hash House a Go Go in Vegas and it was pretty good, although I think I could have done with out the L and T.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Chubbs if I come over will you make me one ha
    Boom
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    If i drank alcohol I'd make one...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,200
    Are you infusing the vodka with bacon flavor when you soak - and then using that vodka to make the BM?  It read like you infused the bacon with vodka and just used the bacon.

·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,644
    How is this OT?  It involves bacon and drinking.  Isn't that a requirement in any Egg cook?
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • At Beavers in Houston. Quite tasty
    image.jpg 1.1M
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Great idea, I am going to have to try this.  
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223
    Are you infusing the vodka with bacon flavor when you soak - and then using that vodka to make the BM?  It read like you infused the bacon with vodka and just used the bacon.
    Sorry, correct. Use the bacon to infuse the vodka for 24 hours. Pull the "vodka logged" bacon out, use the vodka for the BM. Break up the bacon and redistribute throughout the drink and use some to garnish the drink on the toothpic. It is not just a regular BM with a strip of bacon sticking out. Had those several times and this is a lot different--- you actually taste bacon in every sip. Want more bacon flavor, start with more bacon or leave it in longer.
    ·
    Sweet.  I might just pick up a fifth of vodka and shove bacon chunks down the neck and let it soak.  It's definitely preserved, and the bacon in the bottle (hopefully it sinks) will add a little charm when making drinks for guests.

·
    Interesting:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/taste-test-baconinfused-vodka,2509/

Love the comment: "it tastes like I'm having a stroke"

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223

Interesting:

Haha. I don't think I would do 3 weeks. She said 24 hours!!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Chubbs said:

Interesting:

Haha. I don't think I would do 3 weeks. She said 24 hours!!
    Talk about tantric vodka infusion. This is right up Sting's alley.
    ·