Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: Shrinkage

njlnjl Posts: 804
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Wife's tired of my attempts at smoked brisket, so we're doing one her way this time.

It's about half way done.  This was a really thick 7.6lb. flat from Costco.

Here's a before shot and an as it stands right now:

I'll update with more pics as we get there.

·

Comments

• I thought this was about swimming in cold water....Don't see you after shot, @njl?

8-|
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    That oven must be very cold! Don't judge!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Was looking for old Seinfeld show :-B
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    edited February 2013
    Mickey - we're on the same page, I see.

I was in the pool!
    ·
  • "You've never heard of shrinkage...come on!!!"
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,229
    What's shrinkage?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,648
    What's an oven?
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 804
    Lit said:
    What's an oven?
    An indoor appliance used for things that won't fit in a LBGE or when you're lazy and want easy temperature control without investing in electronics for the egg.  That roasting pan for instance...is not even close to "fitting in the LBGE" size.  Maybe it'd fit in an XL, but I don't have one.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,648
    I can't use my oven that's where I store my cast iron pans. I saw a episode of DDD where they braised a flat and made brisket tacos that looked great. Sure it will.come out good.
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 804
    Here it is just before the final stage of cooking.

Sides of potato and carrot are "built-in".
    ·