Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Broken platesetter fix

Well I had a cook off last weekend and right before putting on ribs I dropped my platesetter and broke it. I pieced it back together and wrapped in foil to get me through the cook. When I got home I figured I would have to buy and new one. Well I was sitting at work and was thinking how i could fix it. This is where you guys might be interested. Well I work for a slurry pump company and we do research on materials. One of these materials is ceramic. I went to the lab and asked the guys if they had anything to that was high temp ceramic adhesive. They said yes and gave me something called Omega-600 High temp cement. I put it work work the other and night and let it cure for 24 hours. The result is perfect and will with stand up to 2600 degrees. If anyone is looking to fix an egg or platesetter or any other ceramic this is an awesome product.

Comments