Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

CI Pizza

@Griffin inspired me to try the cast iron deep dish pizza. I haven't ventured into making my own dough yet so I used store bought. I got my dough from Publix and it's not bad. I used a 13 inch skillet and cooked my pizza at 425 indirect. The platesetter was legs up with the grid on top of it. I cooked it for 30 minutes, which was probably a couple of minutes too long. Next time(and there will be a next time!), I'll probably take it off at 25 minutes. After letting the dough rest and spread in the skillet, I topped it with grated mozzerella, sausage, pepperoni and black olives. Then I added some sauce and then MORE mozzerella. Even with slightly over-cooking, this pizza was one of the best so far on the egg!imageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments