Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Built my own table for LBGE / Small Grill dome. Pics included

I just built a table for my LBGE and my small Grill dome.  Hopefully, I did ok.  I really like it and it serves the purpose.  Can't wait to fire them up.

Just click below for all the pictures.  Understand I am not a professional carpenter or woodworker, but I still like what I was able to come up with.

·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looks good to me dude. I hope you enjoy. I just finished building an eggcessorie box to match the table I built for my large. Will post pics later.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Would definitely like to see that!

·
  • nice build, so if this is aloud, how do you like the grill dome? 

XLBGE 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,951
    Very nice!

·
  • tdub4tdub4 Posts: 73
    @shtgunal3 would also like to see your eggcessory box
    ·
    Plan to take pics tomorrow and will post then.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    Very nice!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks great! If I built a table it would be similar to this. Love the large/ small combo. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Great looking table....Please get small spacers between the paver & the BGE...it will scorch your table if you don't....
    ·
  • vidalia1 said:
    Great looking table....Please get small spacers between the paver & the BGE...it will scorch your table if you don't....

Considering the new BGE's no longer come with the feet what would you use for a spacer?
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416

vidalia1 said:

Considering the new BGE's no longer come with the feet what would you use for a spacer?

Table nest:

·
  • With that table stand do you have to have a paver?

·
  • What plan did you follow? What wood is this?
    ·
  • It is all pressure treated with 5/4 deck boards on top.  Srarted with naked whiz and grill dome plan combined and modified.  
    ·
  • shtgunal3 said:
    Looks good to me dude. I hope you enjoy. I just finished building an eggcessorie box to match the table I built for my large. Will post pics later.
    @shtgunal3 any chance of seeing the pics of the eggcessorie box?
    ·
  • vidalia1 said:
    @vidalia1 - Any chance you are really from or live in Vidalia?  I grew up there and lived there most of my life!  
    ·
    @cdees_1993 nothing special , just a box to match my table.

·
  • odie91odie91 Posts: 220
    edited February 2013
    I just built a table for my LBGE and my small Grill dome.  Hopefully, I did ok.  I really like it and it serves the purpose.  Can't wait to fire them up.

Just click below for all the pictures.  Understand I am not a professional carpenter or woodworker, but I still like what I was able to come up with.

How are you liking the Grill Dome?  I almost bought a used one off Craigslist, but then read about the shut down process which I know I'm too lazy and forgetfull to do.....
    ·
  • cdees_1993cdees_1993 Posts: 135
    edited March 2013
    @Odie91 I really like having the grill dome as a secondary grill to my LBGE!  It gives you lots of options.  It is a solid little grill and holds heat very well.  The shutdown process is something you have to pay a lot more attention to than an egg but it is not bad.
    ·