Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

adjustable rig

Got the ok to spend some money. Was leaning towards the cgs adjustable rig. Any suggestions would be nice. Right choice oval or round or go for something else. Thanks for the help
·

Comments

• caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    edited February 2013
    Any ideas? Go with this or something else. If this 16.5 grill or 13x17?
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,039
    Call Tom and tell him what you cook and he will suggest what you need.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • shuckershucker Posts: 279
    GO with it!  Since I ve had mine, I never cook without it.  If you cook a lot of ribs, go with the oval.  If you are more of a butt or chicken guy, the round will suit your needs better.   Or you can do like I did and get both!!

Shucker

Eastern North Carolina

Go Pirates!

Large & Mini Max Big Green Eggs

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,141
    edited February 2013
    @Mickey should have some insight. I recommend calling @tjv (Tom) to let him know what you like to do and he will recommend the best set-up for you. I am not lucky enough to get to try any of this stuff with the medium yet, so I can't give any experience besides what I've seen others say.
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Thanks for the info ill talk to them and see. I like the idea of both maybe. I'll have to sneak that one by the SWMBO ha ha. I'm sure I can do it
    ·