Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL BGE Issues

Options
JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have heard from a dealer that the BGE 24" XL has had problems with sealing. What has been anyone's experience with the XL? Should I just stay with a Large? I have the medium, but want something to cook ribs in and roasts.

Comments

• Bama Hosta Man
    Options
    Jim,
    I have both the Large and the X-Large. The alignment is not as good on my XL as the L. The seal, however, is satisfactory on both. I could probably take the time and improve the alignment but I have yet to do so.

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Jim,
    Initally there were some problems with the XL, as was to be expected on most new products. Example general motors just spent millions on their new SS; took it to the Atlanta Speedway and it performed worse than their current products; however they will get it right.
    The "sealing" problem with the XL has in reality been more of a ban/hinge problem, and the BGE has corrected that for the most part, by issuing new bans and hinge.
    I've had no problems with sealing or alignment since then!
    Hammer