Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stock up your freezer

Options
Looks like a looming crisis from our friends in Washington

Comments

• Buckdodger
    Options
    SHMBO got pi$$ed @ me for paying right @ 8 bucks for 1.7 # of ground chuck 80/20. We were gonna do burgers. Ouch !!  

At a Winn-Dixie.

Opelika, Alabama
  • chainsaw19
    Options
    Typically if there are furloughs they would be asked to take one day off per week over a period of time to make up the days.  15 days straight is not the way something like this would be done.  Certainly there would be some impact but not much different than if/when these workers used leave or vacation---seems more like a scare tactic story than anything.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    It makes me wonder. If this is similar to a government shutdown, they certainly could be furloughed for this amount of time. All "non-essential government employees" are ordered off the job.(Pretty much everyone except certain law enforcement agencies and healthcare workers). I am painfully aware of this as my wife is a LEO for the U.S. Treasury and sits on the "essential/unessential" edge, depending on if Uncle Sam still wants to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse by and against the agencies of the U.S. Treasury. 

Hopefully it is just a scare tactic. I don't really want to find out.
  • Charlie tuna
    Options
    Most REAL eggers couldn't stock up their freezers --eggers keep them FULL !