Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Goober Burgers

Trying these tonight. I saw a video from Fred's where he made them. For those of you that don't know what a goober burger is, it is a burger topped with peanut butter. It sounds disgusting, but looks good. I had to give it a shot. I'll post pics when they are done. Egg is coming to temp now.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I saw that video a couple weeks ago and was curious myself. I'll check back in to here your thoughts. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Following this one too. Might cook that one when SWMBO is out of town B-)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Yeah sounds like something I will try soon. Anything else besides peanut butter?
    Boom
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    I've heard about them before, but never tried it.
  • Don't forget the mayonaise on your bread :)

IMHO the goober tastes awesome but looks disgusting :)
    Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Large, MiniMax and Mini
  • I think you have to put bacon on those too!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Chubbs

I think you have to put bacon on those too!

haha...you could paste that comment on 75% of the threads here and it would be good advice.  It's like screaming "Freebird" or "More cow bell!" at a concert.  ;)

Nola, where you been? Your mom okay?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Chubbs said:
    I think you have to put bacon on those too!
    haha...you could paste that comment on 75% of the threads here and it would be good advice.  It's like screaming "Freebird" or "More cow bell!" at a concert.  ;)
    Nola, where you been? Your mom okay?
    She's fine, strong woman, kept it together until she got off the boat.  She sent me a text: "I didn't know it was so stressful until I walked in the Mobil Alabama parking lot and started to cry"

I've just been laying low on the forum....working on a couple of projects, including a cool outdoor TV thang that SWMBO says is "stupid".  That's code for "extra effin' cool" in my book.  I'll post a thread on eggin' TV or something.  Also, want to do the A-maze-n smoker knock off.  Just been busy.
    Well glad to have you back brother and glad mom is well. Can't wait to see your projects. You think I can use AMS pellets mixed in my lump on a low n slow? Worth it?
  • working on a couple of projects, including a cool outdoor TV thang that SWMBO says is "stupid".  That's code for "extra effin' cool" in my book. 

:-B  couldnt agree more!

XLBGE 
  • Oh they are good. Love me some peanut butter burgers.  They are referred to as "Jiffy" burgers around here because that's what the old bar and burger joint downtown called them.  Typically topped with grilled onions, bacon and provolone cheese if I remember correctly.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Chubbs

Oh they are good. Love me some peanut butter burgers.  They are referred to as "Jiffy" burgers around here because that's what the old bar and burger joint downtown called them.  Typically topped with grilled onions, bacon and provolone cheese if I remember correctly.

I want to try this so bad.
  • They're good.  I made them soon after seeing the video, but sadly, Wilma & me are on Atkins now so I can't do the peanut butter.
    Flint, Michigan
  • She's fine, strong woman, kept it together until she got off the boat.  She sent me a text: "I didn't know it was so stressful until I walked in the Mobil Alabama parking lot and started to cry"
    Glad your back and that she is OK, I saw them interviewing people coming off the boat and most of them said they couldn't wait to go on another cruise!
    Looking forward to the outdoor TV project
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Chubbs said:
    Well glad to have you back brother and glad mom is well. Can't wait to see your projects. You think I can use AMS pellets mixed in my lump on a low n slow? Worth it?
    Totally.  Probably get some great smoke, if it doesn't work it's way down through the firegrate like a pachinko machine.
    I agree w/ @smokindawg82  This needs bacon too along with the normal dressings of lettuce pickles, onions, cheese, etc.  PB adds some much to a thick patty of ground beef. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • I've sinned. i realized that I forgot to take pics when I had already eaten half of the burger. I only made one because the wife was affraid to try one. The rest were standard cheeseburgers.

They were good. I did put mayo on the bread and topped with lettuce and tomato. I only used peanut butter. I didn't top with cheese too. On a 1-10 scale, isr give them an 8. I still prefer an old fashioned cheeseburger, but this makes a nice change up once in a while.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Good to know I'll fire up the small and give them a try sometime. Thanks. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • I've sinned. i realized that I forgot to take pics when I had already eaten half of the burger. I only made one because the wife was affraid to try one. The rest were standard cheeseburgers. They were good. I did put mayo on the bread and topped with lettuce and tomato. I only used peanut butter. I didn't top with cheese too. On a 1-10 scale, isr give them an 8. I still prefer an old fashioned cheeseburger, but this makes a nice change up once in a while.
    I agree you have sinned...and goober burgers are a nice change of pace from cheeseburgers.  I'm with you that while they're a nice change of pace, I prefer the old fashioned cheeseburger.
    Flint, Michigan