Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PID temperature control

Here is a pic I took last night of the first "trial by fire" of my homemade temperature control setup. I mostly used stuff I had already in my shop such as the stainless sheet metal, 12vdc power supply and computer fan. I bought the PID controller off of ebay for $20, it came with the thermocouple. It has an auto tune feature that set the PID parameters. I haven't done a lo n slo cook with it yet but I did test it on the egg with a set point of 305*F it held it +/- a couple of degrees for about an hour before I shut it down. I need to do more testing at lower temps, I only chose 305* cause that's where it was when I started testing. I'm posting this from my phone, so I apologize in advance if the picture doesn't post correctly or is the wrong size or whatever. I posted this under my intro post at first, then after thinking about it, decided to redo it here. image
Sorry I can't seem to get the pic rotated correctly, it's right side up before I post it, but then....

Comments