Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

monday night meatballs and pics

caneggercanegger Posts: 537
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Felt like having some meatballs so I ground up some venison. Added some Worcestershire an egg some garlic and onion and some bbq sauce then bread crumbs. Cooked at 350 indirect for around half an hour. SWMBO made some fried rice to go with it.. was delicious. Sorry don't know the measurements just threw stuff in.
·

Comments

• Sounds good. Any pics of the finished product?

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,076
    canegger said:
    Felt like having some meatballs so I ground up some venison. Added some Worcestershire an egg some garlic and onion and some bbq sauce then bread crumbs. Cooked at 350 indirect for around half an hour. SWMBO made some fried rice to go with it.. was delicious. Sorry don't know the measurements just threw stuff in.
    < Blockquote >

Sorry, no pics of meatballs so it didn't happen. Congrats on grinding the meat. I wish you could have used it for something like meatballs :))
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Having troubles loading the rest up but I'll get them there
    ·
    There they are now
    ·
  • They look good!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
    Thanks. They tasted awesome
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,076
    Man those look great. Nice work
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    Thanks @Chubbs They turned out really good. will be one ill do again.
    ·
  • I have to try this, it must make a big difference in the sauce..
    ·
    edited February 2013

@Charlietuna i made them pretty much like making burgers, the bbq sauce was some store bought chicken and rib sauce.

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,274
    Nice meatballs! :D
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
    @Dyal_SC thanks they were really good.
    ·