Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Depth of Stock Temp Probe

Is there anyway to adjust the depth of the dome temperature probe?  I'd like to get the pizza stone higher in the dome if possible and the setup I had last night was as high as possible without the end of the probe hitting the pie.  Thanks!

Mark

Comments

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    Here is a easy way to do it, either use the whole cork or just part of one depending on how much room you need. (Not my picture, but I have made one before when I made a 9 lb turkey in my small)

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • A cork works, an alligator clip works, hell just about anything works.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    Some guys even use the clip that is holding it in the egg, so no need to get anything extra, I like to stay hydrated while cooking so there is usually some corks available around my house. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    I toss the clip away the second i get an Egg. I like these wooden wheels you get at Hobby Lobby for cars and trucks. Very easy to get depth you like. image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    Corks work very well also.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Thanks for the tips guys, awesome suggestions!