Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Depth of Stock Temp Probe

Is there anyway to adjust the depth of the dome temperature probe?  I'd like to get the pizza stone higher in the dome if possible and the setup I had last night was as high as possible without the end of the probe hitting the pie.  Thanks!

Mark

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Here is a easy way to do it, either use the whole cork or just part of one depending on how much room you need. (Not my picture, but I have made one before when I made a 9 lb turkey in my small)

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • A cork works, an alligator clip works, hell just about anything works.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Some guys even use the clip that is holding it in the egg, so no need to get anything extra, I like to stay hydrated while cooking so there is usually some corks available around my house. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I toss the clip away the second i get an Egg. I like these wooden wheels you get at Hobby Lobby for cars and trucks. Very easy to get depth you like. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Corks work very well also.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Thanks for the tips guys, awesome suggestions!