Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DelMonico steaks

Same as rib eye only a little farther forward (or back, I don't know).  Named for a NY Steakhouse that featured them .... long, long ago.
Sous Vide at 120° for two hours. (One hour would have been plenty).  On the cast iron grid 1 minute per side (30 sec would have been enough).
Pink to within 1/8" of the surface.  No plated pics.  I ate it too fast... all one pound of it.  

·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,444
    Nice cook and nice pic
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,360
    looks good.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • Nice cook, this is why I refer to reverse sear as the poor man's sous vide. Low and slow to 115 internal, then flame the heck out of it for 30-60 seconds a side. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Yum... and I sure do love grill marks and fire pics!  :-bd
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·