Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sometimes you think you have made a mess........

But everything comes out ok. I had (2) boneless turkey breasts and (2) Cornish hens to get out of the freezer. I didnt realize you were supposed to leave the net on the turkey breast so I didnt with one of them and I was sure I had a mess on my hands. I figured what the hell, I'll stuff it and see what happens. I stuffed it with cut up sliders I did last night and colby jack cheese. The result is in the pics. Flavorful, juicy and moist. The hens and other turkey breast turned out outstanding. I smoked everything indirect with Cherry wood @ 350 until internal was 160. I spatchcocked the hens and seasoned everything with DP Shakin the Tree and Raging RIver. Sorry the pics arent very dramatic but I dont have any lighting out in the gazebo yet.

IMG_7514.JPG 198.8K
IMG_7517.JPG 277.1K
IMG_7516.JPG 228.3K
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,813
    Lookss good from here. Do you at least have pic of eggs in gazebo
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Nope, but I finished staining the table today while this stuff was cooking so I hope to have the egg in the table later this week.
    ·
  • Good cook. Still waiting on the egg in gazebo pics!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,855
    You put a burger in a turkey butt?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    henapple said:
    You put a burger in a turkey butt?
    No, LOL. The breast was boneless and when I took the net off of it, it looked like someone set off an M-80 in it. It was already butterflied so I just stuffed it, rolled it up and tied it. Joila! But yes, it was a burger.
    ·