Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Smoked Turkey Breast Veg Medley Blue Cheese Stuffed Pastry Thing

I'm not sure what this is called.  I saw something similar in another thread.   Using crescent rolls as a pastry, I filled with sauteed spinach, baby bellas, red bell peppers, and onions.   Tossed in raw broccoli, tomatoes after the saute as well as some crumbled Gorgonzola.   I put down some butter and cream cheese onto the pastry first, then a layer of smoked turkey slices from a breast I egged earlier in the day, and then the stuffing.   

I put it on a pizza stone, indirect, raised at 400.  BTW, I was able to use my AR and platesetter together.  It was awkward but allowed me to get this higher in the dome.  

It made for a great presentation, and was pretty tasty to boot.  

Thanks to someone on this board for allowing me to rip off this idea!

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE

Comments